For the attention of individuals whose personal information may be collected by this organisation.
IKON Kiteboarding respects your privacy and are committed to handling your personal information.
Purpose of the Policy
IKON Kiteboarding takes its obligations seriously. IKON Kiteboarding will take all reasonable steps to safeguard and protect the privacy of the information that we hold. This policy sets out how we intend to do so.
Collection, use and disclosure of your personal information
IKON Kiteboarding collects, uses and discloses personal information in accordance with the Collection Statement.
Access to your personal information
IKON Kiteboarding will provide access to the personal information that we hold about you in accordance with our Access Policy.
Complaints will be handled under our Privacy Complaints Policy.
Security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes taking appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy. We also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered on the Site. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customise the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
- recognise your browser each time it visits the Site
- track which pages you visit whilst at the Site
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors have access to this information. All emails, SMS and newsletters from this Site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
The personal information collected is collected by IKON Kiteboarding.
How we collect information
We collect your personal information:
- directly from you
- when you deal with us by telephone, letter or email
- when you access and interact with the Site
- from other sources
What information we collect
The information we collect may include your:
- telephone or mobile number
- email address
- date of birth
- driving licence number
- transaction information (including credit card details)
- preference and criteria information (including clothes sizes, questions about personal activities)
- information about products or services that may be of interest to you
When you visit the Site, we may record, for statistical purposes or in order to improve the Site or services provided by IKON Kiteboarding, the following information:
- the date and time of your visit
- web pages you have accessed
- documents you have downloaded
- your IP address
- the type of operating system and internet browser you use
Where it is lawful or practicable to do so, we will provide you with the option of remaining anonymous when dealing with us.
Why we collect information
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- to order, supply and/or deliver (and install) goods to you
- to process payment
- to register and handle product warranties
- to communicate with you to better understand the needs of our customers through competitions, market research, customer loyalty programs or to comply with our legal obligations
- to provide you with information about products offered by IKON Kiteboarding
- to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service provided to you or other consumers by IKON Kiteboarding
- to complete a transaction with you or on your behalf
- to provide offers that may be of interest to you
- to better understand your preferences
Who we may share your information with
You consent to and authorise us to share or disclose your personal information to:
- our related bodies corporate
- our employees, insurer, third party contractors, agents, sponsors or to our suppliers on a confidential basis
- our business partners, where from time to time we partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded products or services and may share your information with our co-sponsor
- our service providers (including service providers that provide web maintenance)
- any other person or entity (the “Recipient”) upon the basis that the Recipient may only collect , use or disclose the information for the purpose for which that information was originally collected by us
The Site may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by third parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these third parties. We confirm we are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Personal Information about other People
What happens if you choose not to provide the information
You are not obligated to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to either provide you with information about the products and services offered by IKON Kiteboarding or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
Sources of information
Where possible IKON Kiteboarding will collect personal information directly from you.
Accuracy of the information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up- to- date.
The term “sensitive information” refers to personal information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, trade or professional affiliations, sexual preferences or practices or criminal record and health information.
We generally do not collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you. In the event we do collect sensitive information from you, you consent and authorise us to collect sensitive information about you.
You consent to and authorise us to include your personal information in a database compiled by us for use in direct marketing by us. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, you can opt-out by contacting IKON Kiteboarding by email on contact@Ikon-kiteboarding.com. All emails, SMS and newsletters from this Site allow you to opt-out of further mailings.
If you “opt-out”, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of business partners, affiliates, or third parties which we have already shared your personal information as at the date of your request to opt-out.
Personal information from children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian, please do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
At all times the conduct under this policy will be governed by the following principles:
- all requests for access will be treated seriously
- all requests will be dealt with in accordance with the Access Policy
- all requests will be dealt with in a confidential manner
- your request to access your personal information will not effect your existing obligations or effect the commercial arrangements between you and IKON Kiteboarding
Form of Access
IKON Kiteboarding will provide access by allowing you to inspect, take notes of or receive copies of print outs of the personal information that IKON Kiteboarding holds about you.
To obtain access you will have to provide proof of your identity to the reasonable satisfaction of IKON Kiteboarding. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individual and that the privacy of others is not undermined.
When Access will be denied
Access will be denied if:
- the request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request
- access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person
- access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals
- the request is frivolous and vexatious
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- access would reveal the intentions of IKON Kiteboarding in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations
- access would be unlawful
- denying access is authorised or required by law
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities
- access discloses a ‘commercially sensitive’ decision making process or information
If IKON Kiteboarding refuses to provide you with access to personal information about you, IKON Kiteboarding will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
Where possible IKON Kiteboarding will favour providing access. It may do so by providing access to the appropriate parts of the record or by using an appropriate ‘intermediary’.
Where there is a dispute about the right or forms of access, the dispute will be dealt with in accordance with our Grievance Policy.
Subject to the terms of the Access Policy, we will take all reasonable steps to provide access to the personal information we hold about you within 30 days of receiving your request. In cases where the request is not complicated or does not require access to a large volume of information, we will endeavour to provide you with the information within 14 days of receiving your request.
Costs and charges
You must pay IKON Kiteboarding for the reasonable costs incurred by IKON Kiteboarding in providing you with access (for example, photocopying, delivery costs where information is stored off site, access to electronic databases). For the avoidance of doubt, IKON Kiteboarding will not charge an individual for making a request for access.
PRIVACY COMPLAINTS: HOW WE HANDLE PRIVACY COMPLAINTS (FOR INDIVIDUAL CUSTOMERS)
IKON Kiteboarding is committed to protecting and safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This is part of our:
- legal obligations
- ethical and business obligations and practices
- service to you
IKON Kiteboarding places high priority on effectively dealing with any complaints about our privacy practice that you may have.
At all times the conduct under this policy will be governed by the following principles:
- all complaints will be treated seriously
- all complaints will be dealt with as soon as reasonably practicable
- all complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner
- the privacy complaint will not effect your existing obligations or the commercial arrangements that exist between you and IKON Kiteboarding
Who may complain under this policy?
If you have provided us with personal information you have a right to make a complaint, have it investigated and dealt with under this policy.
What is a privacy complaint?
A privacy complaint relates to any concern or dispute that you have with our privacy practices as it relates to your personal information. This could include matters such as:
- how personal information is collected
- how personal information is stored
- how this information is used or disclosed
- how access is provided
What do I do if I have a complaint about privacy practices?
IKON Kiteboarding resolves grievances at the local level if possible. If you have a complaint about privacy please contact IKON Kiteboarding.
All complaints will be logged on a database/complaints register.
Usually your contact with the organisation will be the proper person to discuss or resolve your complaint, however, if your privacy complaint is not resolved, the matter will then be referred to the Group General Manager, People and Development, the next level of management.
The goal of this policy is to achieve an effective resolution of your complaint within a reasonable set time frame of 28 days.
Request further information: We may request further information from you. You should be prepared to give as many details as possible including details of any relevant dates and documentation. This will enable us to investigate the complaint and determine an appropriate and useful solution. All details provided will be kept confidential.
Discuss options: We will discuss options for resolution and if you have suggestions about how the matter might be resolved you should discuss these with us. We could also suggest other solutions or give examples of how the personal information can be revised or stored in a different way.
Investigation: The complaint may be investigated. The organisation will try to do so as soon as reasonably practicable. It may be necessary to contact others in order to proceed with the investigation. This may be necessary in order to progress your complaint.
Escalate internally: If your complaint can’t be resolved it will be referred to the Group General Manager, People and Development. This will be discussed with you before the referral.
Discussion with any other parties: If your complaint deals with the conduct of our team members we will raise the matter with the team member concerned and seek their comment and input in the resolution of the complaint and investigation stage.
The complaint is resolved: If your complaint is found to be substantiated, you will be informed of the reason for the decision. IKON Kiteboarding will then take appropriate steps to resolve the complaint and prevent the problem from recurring.
If the complaint is not substantiated, or cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, but this policy has been followed, the decision of the Group General Manager, People and Development will be final. The Group General Manager, People and Development, PO Box 2143, Regents Park NSW 2143, will discuss with you the reasons for the decision.
If there is still disagreement, your complaint will be dealt with by a mutually agreed independent intermediary.
If after all the above steps have been followed your complaint is unresolved, you are free to take your complaint formally to the Federal Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
IKON Kiteboarding will keep a record of your complaint and the outcome.
IKON Kiteboarding is unable to deal with anonymous complaints as we are unable to investigate the complaint properly and follow-up such complaints.
However, in the event that an anonymous complaint is received, IKON Kiteboarding will note the issues raised and try and resolve them appropriately.
We reserve the right to make changes, modify or delete all or part of this policy at any time. Any changes to this policy will be posted on the Site.